Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tongue Twisters!

I always enjoy to speak different Tongue Twisters every time from my childhood days. I have collected few difficult words in my diary.
Basically a Tongue Twisters is a phrase or sentence which is hard to speak fast, usually because of alliteration or a sequence of nearly similar sounds. It actually helps to develop speech skills & helps in speech therapy.
Here are some cool Tongue Twisters from my collection, have fun !
  • If you notice this notice, you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
  • If you tell Tom to tell a tongue-twister his tongue will be twisted as tongue-twister twists tongues.
  • I thought a thought.But the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I thought.If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.
  • A sailor went to sea To see, what he could see. And all he could see Was sea, sea, sea.
  • Sounding by sound is a sound method of sounding sounds.
  • If you understand, say "understand".If you don't understand, say "don't understand".But if you understand and say "don't understand".How do I understand that you understand? Understand!
  • Gopi Gope Gupangam Das .
  • Betty Botter bought some butter, but she said "this butter's bitter! But a bitof better butter will but make my butter better" So she bought some betterbutter, better than the bitter butter, and it made her butter better so 'twasbetter Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter!
  • The sixth sick Sheik's sixth sheep is sick.[Described as the hardest tongue-twister in the English language.]
Mr. See owned a saw,
And Mr. Soar owned a seesaw.
Now, See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw
Before Soar saw See,
Which made Soar sore.
Had Soar seen See's saw
Before See sawed Soar's seesaw,
See's saw would not have sawed
Soar's seesaw.
So See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw.
But it was sad to see Soar so sore
just because See's saw sawed
Soar's seesaw.

No comments: