Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Does your partner call you during his/her day ?

Does your spouse call you during his/her day ?

Mine does and so do I. Whenever we need , we call each other and talk about ..whatever ..whats happening in offices , what is the plan for evening /weekend ,what we will have for our dinner , What did my mom say over phone ..if I have spoken with my sis or with any friend whatever ..but we talk ..everyday …atleast once. Sometimes our talks last for only 30 seconds and sometimes 5 minutes or so, depending upon how we are placed at work.


Do you think its unusual ? I don’t think so. But one of my friend does. She saw me talking to my spouse and asked if that was my Mom. When I told , no it was husband , her response was “WOW great”. I said , “why WOW ? and what is so great about it ” and there was another question , “he calls you everyday ?” , I said obviously and she goes “Cool !!!!”. Confused I asked again , what is so great about it and she said , it's really great that he finds time to talk to you !!! I just smiled...and said not " HE" , “WE” find time to talk to each other. She said we always have time for our husbands.............I didn't say anything to her......I think I knew what she will say again and what she was feeling.I have changed the topic.....


Now, first of all as I said "WE" find time to talk each other.Really doesn't matter who calls. Second , we never really make any effort to find time to talk , it comes naturally to us. I look upto him when I have anything to talk and so does he. Its how we are. Its how I think all couples should be.


The friend is my neighbour,a middle aged lady married for almost 5-6 yrs. But she found it extraordinary.


Another friend of mine told me once that she and her husband hardly talk after they get home. She told that most of the time husband is busy with newspaper , while she takes care of house and kids. And at night too , she sleeps with the kids while husband , gets to bed late. And they are a happy couple.???


To me this is what is strange. How can you live with a person without a heartful talk. I feel stressed unless I tell my husband everything important that happened during the day. Having his point of view makes me feel relaxed. And I believe he sails in same boat.


Is this unusual ? Really don't know.

No comments: