Friday, April 08, 2011

I was Alive when India won Cricket World Cup 2011 :)


It's India won the World Cup 2011 by defeating Sri Lanka by six wickets. A wonderful moment for all Indians.
We were right there screaming our lungs out. When Dhoni hit that 6, I almost collapsed in joy. That moment will remain one of the most proud moments in my and most of our life for a long long time to come. Many many years down the line we will tell our grand kids...how history was being created.


I really feel happy that I was there when History was being written. I am intensely aware of the fact that I don't get the technicalities of the game, unlike a true fan. But so what …it was the moment of joy and we celebrated it in our own way.

We went on drive after this glory and got stuck at traffic around 1am midnight…. People on roads..be it boys or gals or families…everyone got crazy..Indian flags everywhere..dhols..dancing..fire crackers..happiness on every face...we were also joined that lovely crowd. How did you celebrate the legendary moment in Indian cricket?

It indeed was a one of the most cherishable moment and will remain forever !! Proud of the Indian Team. This was for Sachin And was for everyone who wanted India to win more than anything else.
This gives immense satisfaction that we are now the real champions.

1 comment:

Pratibha said...

Reaaly smita India won the World Cup and we all have seen Dhoni Lifting the Worldcup. Being studied and grown in Ranchi It really feels proud to be from that Part of our country where Dhoni Lives. I have seen dhoni many times near our college at Racnchi but I have never imagined he will play for our country and will our country Proud by wining world cup after 28 years. Hatss off to you Dhoni.!!!!!!!!