Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Has technology made us lame??

I am saying beacuse  I don’t remember more than 4-5 phone nos. And if someday the phone lost or conks off (which is actually happend with me my ph conked off suddenly and I have lost so many nos as they were in my ph memory then I realized this how much we are dependent on these technology), I really wouldn’t know what to do? Not that I haven’t lost phone before, but it has been a struggle to get all the contacts again. Back in the days of only landline phone, I could rattle nos like no ones business. Not just of the obvious ones but of vague ones as well like all my classmates nos their home-hostel all nos.........all relative's telephone nos.

And now, barring like 3-4 numbers I don’t remember any other!!
Second example is of spellings. Now if not for the spell check feature on Ms Word, half my documents would be utter trash. I have become so complacent while typing that I just don’t bother if a “i” or a “e” is out of place, knowing for sure that my word editor will correct it.
There are numerous other things as well, like I don’t even remember when was the last time sent someone a birthday greeting? or I call someone on his/her birthday.We wish people on FB/Orkut and the job is done.

I hardly can remember when I wrote last letter. Though in my school/college days I have written so many letters to my friends and they also did. All those letters are still with me.......I am feeling I was more attached to them in those letters.So ridiculous sometime.................beacuse even I love to do the things in old ways I don't know my pan friends/or my near dear who stay far will also love to do this.
I know they will say we talk almost daily then what to write.

But still I feel (atleast for me) so many feelings you can not say but you can always write.
Lets see I want letters from my friends from my family members............lets see.I will wait!!!!!

There are so many other things whcich technology has changd I can't recall now might be you if you are reading this post you can tell.................but yes Life has changed!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: