Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Relationship & Interest

It was a long holiday after so many days and we were in Mumbai on this Diwali vacations no friends around.Ritesh and me have been busy in our work and  on every weekends with some friends or some party so have not able to spend as much time together as we would have liked to so this was the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time.

And we really enjoyed it,we did shopping ,movie,cooking,diwali decoration,crackers and so much....I was just thinking .....beacuse I heard it somewhere that couples should cultivate common interests to enhance their relationship. I am really not sure about the cultivating part.

As we never had too. We both love travelling and we both are spontaneous with our travels. We love eating out and experimenting with various cuisines. And we both get down to cooking together. We love the water and swimming is another thing we do together. We love shopping. So we head out together and then go to respective sections only to meet again at the trail rooms. Life looks all set.


We haven’t made efforts to imbibe each others interests, but we have found a way around it. Like in his free time he watches TV and I stick to my laptop or some books magazines. So we sit together but do different things. He can't talk much.......and I am a chatter box.

I am sure there are people out there who make a lot of effort to pick up a hobby just for the sake of their partner. We didn’t, coz we didn’t have to. We had our common interests and we had our not so common interests. And we like it that way.
I really don't understand how can people change their basic nature just for the sake of thier partner.

It might be important for couples to enjoy stuff together. But it’s equally important to have some varied interests as well. Now if 2 people were just the same won’t be life too boring? Nothing new will happen.....moreover there is nothing to share.........Atleast I feel so.

No comments: