Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sangharsh Jari Hai

I want to publish this post 2 yrs back in 2008 but don't know I couldn't do it earlier.............I think its really tough to accpet your failures am not exception. I think sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were to go through our life without any obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Give every opportunity a chance, leave no room for regrets. I am happy cause I can celebrate my struggle.
----------------------------------------------------
Words like recession, economic slowdown, and jobcuts were just a jargon for me, till I had to face the heat one day and joined the thousands who were fired by their companies.

I remember, it was a Wednesday 24th DEC and everything seemed to be going well. I was called by my manager in the evening and was handed over the pink slip. The ground slipped from beneath my feet as my hands trembled and my mind asked "Where did I go wrong? What was my fault?"

With a heavy heart, I walked towards to my desk last time. I was just thinking how would I give this news at my family, to my sister who is staying with me? My family, friends; would they understand or my parents will force me to marry that guy whom they choosed for me who is settled some where in Haryana, where no career opportunities for me.


I get down in my bus, I watched everyone else with tears in my eyes. Everybody looked so happy………….even the sweeper appeared to be laughing at me, saying "You are jobless, but I have a job. I'm still on my feet…………but what about you?"


The clouds of insecurity wrapped me like a blanket. I wished I could go back and scream at people in the office. I felt cheated.

Why me, I wondered.

I imagined myself sitting with the newspaper, searching for jobs, going to various companies, giving interviews, negotiating salaries…….a wind of rejection made my steps heavier. Same as I was doing 3 years before. I took four months to get a good job. For me struggle is I think endless. Now I accept this thing "Jeevan he to Sangharsh he "


While thinking all this my stop came I get down from bus it was a day before Christmas and winters are on peak. I tried to stop my endless trail of tears; my body shivered and made me stops under a tree.


Looking up at the sky, I said my daily prayer to seek blessings from Him. I saw stars are shining weather was little foggy, few birds flying back to their nests. Nature appeared to be talking to me at that moment.The Sun will rise again; the stars will shine again tomorrow; the birds will fly the next day to search for food for their fledglings; flowers would blossom and spread their fragrance. Tomorrow wil come……….and it'll come for me as well. A smile lit my face and dried my tears.

I thought again.New year was approaching. I now had time to spend with myself. I can enjoy with being me can work on my hobbies. I always want to do painting but because of office life couldn't get time, now its time to do. I love cooking though in hostel life it's a bit difficult but yes if I am free then I can do this too.And I love French I can join some online course. And side by side, I could begin my search for a new job, and reach out to better avenues.
I know what I am. And I am confident enough to face any challenge.

There are thousands going through the same mental block……..we can not give up so easily. Recession taught me a lesson; hopes should never die.


I felt as excited as a five year old blessed by Santa. The words of a famous quote echoed in my ears," What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise."
------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: